Skip to main content
Menu Menu

University Pathways

Thinking of uni? Our courses can get you there

Get there with a Diploma

A South Regional TAFE Diploma or Advanced Diploma qualification will not only gain you entry to many Australian universities, but may also earn you substantial credit towards a Bachelor degree.

This means you will be able to apply for credits for the units you have completed in your Diploma or Advanced Diploma when you enrol at university - saving yourself time and money by reducing your study load and your HELP debt.

South Regional TAFE has worked with a range of Australian universities to secure the amount of credit awarded for your Diploma qualification to a Bachelor degree and to provide flexibility and affordability for students in regional areas.

Get there with a Certificate IV

You can apply for many undergraduate university courses with a Certificate IV qualification. A Certificate IV is considered by many universities the same as an ATAR score of around 70.

Some universities and courses of study may require evidence of English language competence or other skills in addition to the Certificate IV.  For example, you may need to show you have passed an ATAR English course. There are other options if you haven’t done Year 12 English, such as sitting a Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT).

Contact us for full details regarding the advanced standing or credit you can expect when looking at a South Regional TAFE to university pathway.