This course covers the process of maintaining, preparing and operating hand-held chainsaws in a work environment.
These skills can be transferred to the homestead, are useful for home gardners and could lead to employment in parks and gardens or landscaping.
You will gain skills and knowledge in understanding the correct type of chainsaw for a particular task, how to use the chainsaw, maintain the chainsaw and store suitable personal protective equipment.
You will also carry out routine checks and maintenance on a chainsaw, apply appropriate chainsaw techniques, cutting methods according to manufacturer’s specifications and documented low risk work procedures; assess and minimise environmental impacts of chainsaw use; maintain records of chainsaw training and certification, risk assessment and use.
On successful completion of this course, students will receive a statement of attainment for the following nationally accredited units:
AHCMOM213 Operate and Maintain Chainsaws
Participants are required to wear appropriate work wear (PPE):
- long pants
- steel capped boots
- long hair tied back and no loose jewellery
- no singlets
Commercial / International: $351.55
School age students
Students who would normally be attending year 12 or below in the current calendar year will be eligible to enrol at the commercial / international rate for this course.
* Indicative Fee Disclaimers
Fees and charges published on our website are indicative only, and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis in 2022.
- Fees may differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at time of enrolment.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons not enrolled at school (in 2022, students born on or after 1 July 2004 who are at least 15 years old) the maximum course fee chargeable in 2022 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms, and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Depending on your circumstances, payment options may include paying fees via instalments or applying for assistance because of financial hardship.
- Visit the Fees and Payment Options page for further information.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.