This qualification reflects the role of workers in a range of education settings, including public and independent schools and community education settings, who provide assistance and support to teachers and students under broad-based supervision. Some job roles may require tasks to be performed with a moderate level of autonomy and/or the provision of supervision/leadership to other staff/volunteers. No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Study modes and durations differ depending on your local campus. Please check with your local campus for more information.
Flexible study is available to be commenced all year round.
South Regional TAFE is transitioning this qualification to the new training package in 2022. Students will be enrolled into the new units developed to meet current and future industry needs.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|C Grades in Year 11 WACE General English, and OLNA; or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 11 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate II or Certificate III|
The training package does not specify any mandatory entry requirements into this course. However prospective students should note that a mandatory part of the course requires you to participate and complete a supervised work placement, in a suitable environment that provides the services in your selected area of study. Before you commence work placement, you may be required to obtain a police clearance (approximately $72). Please check when you enquire as to whether a police clearance is required for your work placement. It is strongly recommended you also consult with your doctor about having a flu vaccination. Further information on work placement requirements can be obtained from the CHC Training Package Implementation Guide.
You are required to have a proficient level of literacy and numeracy for you to be able to assist children with their learning.
Successful completion of this qualification provides you with the opportunity to become an Education Assistant working with students in mainstream classrooms and students with additional needs.
Successful completion of this course will gain you entry into Edith Cowan University for further study.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.
Collie - Full Time, Part Time, Flexible
* Indicative Fee Disclaimers
Fees and charges published on our website are indicative only, and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis in 2022.
- Fees may differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at time of enrolment.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons not enrolled at school (in 2022, students born on or after 1 July 2004 who are at least 15 years old) the maximum course fee chargeable in 2022 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms, and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Depending on your circumstances, payment options may include paying fees via instalments or applying for assistance because of financial hardship.
- Visit the Fees and Payment Options page for further information.